The Rules Of The Game: Day 2 Thursday, June 27th 2019
Please consider donating money to the Nevada County Democrats.
We assume no responsibility or liability resulting from the inappropriate actions taken by individuals or groups while playing this game. This game should be played safely and with appropriate boundaries. We encourage this game to be played with water, juice and/or soda. Alcohol should only be consumed by legally-aged adults and we remind everyone to designate a driver where alcohol is involved.
The Nevada County Democrats do not endorse in National elections and this game by no means suggests favor for one candidate over another. This game and its content is strictly recommended for responsible levity only.
Democratic Debates Day 2 Candidates:
Former Vice President Joe Biden,
Sen. Michael Bennet (Colo.),
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.),
Sen. Kamala Harris (Calif.)
Sen Bernie Sanders (Vermont.)
Rep. Eric Swalwell (Calif.)
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper
South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg
Author Marianne Williamson
Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
Take a sip when:
- Anyone, either candidate or moderator says the word “America.”
- Joe Biden says the word socialism or mentions Obama.
- Michael Bennet says the word socialism or mentions Ted Cruz.
- Kirsten Gillibrand says the word socialism or uses the phrase “special interests.”
- Kamala Harris says the word socialism or mentions Donald Trump or California..
- Bernie Sanders says the word socialism or says the word “huge”.
- Eric Swalwell says the word socialism or uses the phrase “gun violence.”
- John Hickenlooper says the word socialism or dismisses the need for universal healthcare.
- Pete Buttigieg says the word socialism or says something about being a manager or a millennial.
- Marianne Williamson mentions spirituality or any of her books or Oprah.
- Andrew Yang mentions Universal Basic Income
- Joe Biden mentions Donald Trump
Take a 1 ounce shot when:
- Any candidate drops the name of a coal-mining town in Appalachia.
- Hickenlooper cites getting booed by California Democrats as a qualification for his presidency.
- Any candidate speaks in a language other than English.
- Rachel Maddow takes more than 20 seconds to ask a question.
- Anyone mentions Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Anyone mentions Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Anyone mentions Facebook.
Finish your drink when:
- Rachel Maddow takes more than 60 seconds to ask a question.
- Anyone mentions the #MeToo movement.
- Anyone mentions child care.
- John Hickenlooper plays the guitar, or any candidate plays any instrument or sings.
- You donate money to any candidate during the debate.
- You donate money to the Nevada County Democrats during the debate.