The Rules Of The Game: Day 1 Wednesday, June 26th 2019
Please consider donating money to the Nevada County Democrats.
We assume no responsibility or liability resulting from the inappropriate actions taken by individuals or groups while playing this game. This game should be played safely and with appropriate boundaries. We encourage this game to be played with water, juice and/or soda. Alcohol should only be consumed by legally-aged adults and we remind everyone to designate a driver where alcohol is involved.
The Nevada County Democrats do not endorse in National elections and this game by no means suggests favor for one candidate over another. This game and its content is strictly recommended for responsible levity only.
Democratic Debates Day 1 Candidates:
Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.),
Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.)
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.)
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii)
Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio)
Rep. John Delaney (Maryland)
Rep. Beto O’Rourke (Texas)
Former Housing Secretary Julián Castro
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
Take a sip when:
- Anyone, either candidate or moderator, says the word “America.”
- Any time someone talks about social security.
- Elizabeth Warren says the word “plan.”
- Jay Inslee says the word “climate.”
- Cory Booker surprises you with his words and his charm.
- Tulsi Gabbard says the word “Aloha” or talks about war.
- Tim Ryan refers to Nancy Pelosi for any reason.
- Beto O’Rouke refers to being in a band or going on a road trip.
- Julian Castro gets to finish a sentence.
- Bill de Blasio mentions fast food workers.
- Any time anyone uses the phrase “grassroots.”
- Any time the moderators have to say the word “time”.
Take a 1-ounce shot when:
- Any candidate mentions rural broadband.
- Amy Klobuchar uses the phrase “snowstorm” or refers to the weather in any way.
- John Delaney mentions the 2nd amendment or single-payer healthcare.
- Anyone mentions Dr. Martin Luther King Jr..
- Anyone mentions Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Anyone mentions Facebook.
Finish your drink when:
- Anyone mentions Abraham Lincoln.
- Beto O’ Rourke gets up and stands on his podium.
- Bill de Blasio impresses you on issues of national importance.
- Anyone mentions rent control as a solution to the housing crisis.
- Any candidate refers to a popular musician.
- Anytime you donate money to any candidate during the debate.
- Anytime you donate money to the Nevada County Democrats during this debate.